Think healthy is boring? Think again. Aussies looking for a nutritious snack to help curb the attack of the munchies can now enjoy a delicious wholefood fix any time of day following the launch of Naturally Nood, a cheeky new range of wholefood fruit and nut snack bars from Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing.
Available in the health food aisles of major supermarkets, petrol and convenience stores, Naturally Nood bars are made from dates and nuts, with some varieties featuring other fruits or cocoa, all gleefully smooshed together.
The scrumptious bars come in a range of fun flavours including Banana Bread, Berrylicious Flavour, Cashew Crush, Cheeky Cocoa, Cocoa & Orange Tango and Cocoa Lamington, and have no boring bits or added nasties like preservatives, artificial colours and artificial flavours.
Naturally Nood snack bars score between 3 to 4 stars under the Health Star Rating System which is the new front of pack labelling system that rates products from a score of ½ a star to a maximum of 5 stars, based on their overall nutrition profile.
Sanitarium’s Nutrition Manager, Trish Guy, said: “Naturally Nood wholefood bars are a convenient bite to eat for Aussies who enjoy the wholesome goodness of real food. Each 35 gram bar is packed with natural ingredients and contains between 140-165 calories, making it a great choice for a nutritious and tasty snack on the go.”
• Each of the six varieties contain more than 90% wholefood
• Wholesome ingredients, including dates and nuts, with some varieties including other fruits or cocoa
• Simple wholefood fruit and nut bars. Cashew Crush has only two ingredients, cashews and dates
• Nothing naughty – no preservatives, artificial colours or flavours
• Four varieties have zero added sugar (Banana Bread, Cocoa Lamington, Cheeky Cocoa & Cashew Crush)
• Two varieties are naturally sweetened with fruit (Berry Licious Flavour & Cocoa & Orange Tango)
• 140-165 calories
• Low in sodium
• Source of fibre
• Scores between 3 and 4 stars in the Health Star Rating system
• RRP of only $2.49 (grocery) or $2.79 (Petrol and Convenience Stores) for each 35g bar. Multipacks of
four available in Woolworths at an RRP of $6.99.